VGIK INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
The City of Petrozavodsk – Moscow, Russian Federation
July 04 – 24, 2016
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Russian State Institute of Cinematography
named after S. A. Gerasimov
is calling international students
to take part in the 8th VGIK International Summer School
The program of the VGIK International Summer School consists of two sections:
Documentary section takes place in Petrozavodsk, an old Russian city, well-known for its history, architecture, sceneries, and its cultural heritage.
Animation section will be held at VGIK Animation & Multimedia Department film studios in Moscow.
Note: duration period of animation section is shorter
If you are a student of Film Direction, Cinematography, Animation & Multimedia, or Computer Graphics Department, you are welcome to the VGIK International Summer School!
Slogan: Republic of Karelia is the jewel of the Russian North.
Time: July 04-24, 2016
Location: The City of Petrozavodsk (Documentary)
Moscow (Animation) – July 12-23
Submission deadline: May 17, 2016
At the VGIK International Summer School you get engaged in various shooting-oriented workshops, tutorials, and trainings carried out by widely recognized European and Russian filmmakers.
Terms & Conditions:
· the participants-to-be are to send a trailer of a film, they have been working on during their studies at a film school, academy, or university or links to your works
· the submitted trailer is to be approved by the pre-selection committee and the art director of the school
· once your film has been shortlisted, the VGIK International Summer School covers all your accommodation & meal expenses, along with public transportation and production costs and provides the participants with all necessary equipment during filming
· the International Summer School is a perfect opportunity to meet renowned European and Russian filmmakers
· the International Summer School arranges a tour around the city of Petrozavodsk and Moscow (in English) for its participants
· the participants of the school are given a chance to win its prize and get the copyrights on the shoot-to-be video
· the working language of the school is English
NOTICE: the VGIK International Summer School will not be held responsible for covering your travel expenses: air tickets, Russian visa, and medical insurance. The Russian visa may be issued only by the Russian consulate in your city or country. Please, take this information into consideration before applying.
The documentary & animation sections activities include:
· various filmmaking & animation techniques workshops
· tutorials and training shooting on the basis of adopted techniques
· documentary film creating (the subject of a film should correspond with the summer school slogan, its running time should be up to 5-10 minutes)
· animation film creating or animation training (the subject of a film should echo the summer school slogan, its running time should be up to 1-3 minutes)
Feel like being a part of the VGIK International Summer School?
Feel free to apply by May 17, 2016! All you need to send is:
· completed Application form
· one photograph
· letter of recommendation from a school or master
· trailer of a film, shot in the course of your studies at a film school, academy, or university (subtitled in English), or a link to the video
· synopsis or your reflections on the subject corresponding with the summer school slogan, that will underlie your documentary and animation films to be shot at the VGIK International Summer School
Once your trailer is selected, you should comply with Rules and Regulations for the participants.
To send your submissions or get any further information about the 8th VGIK International Summer School, please, contact us via email@example.com, the subject line of the e-mail should include “VGIK International Summer School”.